With a new year comes new challenges, but some challenges have big rewards. Saving energy is a great challenge for the new year that can be easy, environmentally friendly and save you money. We have some great, energy-saving tips that you can use and help you have a more energy-efficient home.
As a disclaimer, we can’t say exactly how much you’ll save, since it depends on the household. However, all of the following tips should help you save money.
- Replace your light bulbs – Switching to energy-efficient LED lightbulbs can greatly reduce your electrical bill each month, since they require far less energy to operate than traditional bulbs.
- Install a smart thermostat – Smart thermostats adapt to your home to set the temperature to the optimal setting and can be programmed to focus on saving energy.
- Reduce your hot water usage – Hot water heaters contribute to a large part of eclectic bills. By reducing your reliance on your hot water heater, you will bring down those big bills.
- Use energy-efficient windows – Energy-efficient windows help prevent heat from entering or leaving your home, which can help you save in the summer or the winter.
- Turn off electronics – Electronics that are left on or plugged in when not being used still use electricity. If you aren’t using them, turn them off and unplug them to save.
- Clean or replace air filters – To save energy, your HVAC system has to be as efficient as possible. Replacing your air filters regularly means that your system doesn’t have to work harder to keep you comfortable.
- Use natural light – If it is light enough outside to see well inside your home, leave your lights off to not waste energy.
- Seal and insulate your home – Properly insulating and having an airtight seal will ensure that you are not being wasteful with your energy usage.
These tips are just a few of many you can use to help save energy and money. We challenge you to start saving – and when others ask you how to save electricity, share these tips with them!
If you want to make your home more energy-efficient and need some electrical help but don’t know which Chicago electrical services to use, think of Arnold Electric. Contact us today to find out how they can help you save.